Bayfit® Public: Completely relaxed on 0.4 qm
Aircraft seats place the highest demands on seat manufacturers in more than one way. Almost as demanding is the seating used in trains and buses or in public buildings such as theatres, movie theaters and airports. The need for optimum comfort and fire retardancy places stringent demands on flexible foams used in these applications.
Bayfit® systems for public areas provide designers with the basis to develop ergonomically ideal upholstery cores. The diverse range of Bayfit® system formulations not only enables the comfort attributes of the upholstery such as hardness, elasticity and damping to be tailored to the specific application. It also means that specific combustion properties such as smoke density and toxicity, flame spread and drop behavior meet the rigorous national and international standards.
Our wide-ranging expertise and our close cooperation with Bayer's Fire Technology department, which is certified by German Federal Railways, ensure that there is an optimum Bayfit® system for every situation.
Bayfit® innovations in the field of flame retardance:
The Bayfit® system: melamine-free!
The Bayfit® system: Halogen-free!
- Use of PHD polyethers*
- Avoidance of powder handling
- Good sedimentation stability of the finished formulation
- Less abrasion in the mixing head and less wear and tear on pumps
- Following intensive development, the Bayfit® range also includes halogen-free molded foam systems
- Stable dispersion of low flammability polyurea in the polyether