Elastomeric Thick Film Coating Systems for Industrial Applications
Baytec® SPR spray polyurethane systems are used as a multi-purpose waterproofing and corrosion protection system for many types of structures and applications, including bridges, roofs, storage tanks, truck bed liners, retaining walls, aqueducts, roadways, foundations and sanitation infrastructure.
Best of Both Worlds
Baytec SPR polyurethane systems, when reacted to form a membrane, contain both polyurethane and polyurea linkages. This allows the system to harness the excellent durability of a polyurea along with the flexibility and processability of a polyurethane.
The outstanding combination of physical and chemical properties of the Baytec SPR polyurethane hybrid systems offer you many desirable features in end-use applications.
- Resistance to wear and abrasion
- Excellent tensile strength
- High elasticity and elongation for the life of the product
- A homogeneous seal on cracked, porous, and cellular substrates
- Resistance to hydrolysis, ozone and UV radiation
- Good permeability to water vapor
- Corrosion resistance for metal substrates
- Easy to apply over a wide temperature range
- Good weatherability and resistance to microbes
- Resistance to many polar and organic chemicals
- Excellent noise and vibration damping
Baytec SPR polyurethane systems have been approved in the United States by a variety of Federal, State and local authorities as well as civil engineering and consulting firms in the U.S. and worldwide. Furthermore, Baytec SPR membranes have been applied and in-service for more than 30 years in demanding environments around the world.
- Easy to apply, either at a manufacturing facility or on site.
- Fast but manageable cure ensures a quick return-to-service time.
- Increased service life of overall structure or project.
- Improved durability limits abrasion and corrosion.